Sunday 25 August 2013

Friends put a smile on our faces and a spring in our step xxx

Here's a little birthday package I put together for Susan of Thimblestitch
(Photo bloglifted from Susan's blog)

Susan and I are members of an online group and we all have to make a birthday pressie for another in the group and follow some simple rules like include a button, use one of three sayings then you must use their preferred colours and styles. It gets more difficult each time to make the perfect gift but I am always up for a challenge!
I chose "Nellie's bag" by Rosalie Quinlan and included a stitchery panel design by Helen Stubbings. There's a button on one side which is a laser cut timber spool covered in the same thread as the stitchery.
Our next challenge is a needlecase and then it'll be onto the christmas swap....ooh did I say Christmas! Too Soon!

14 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Jo the gifts that you made for Susan are just awesome....lucky Susan...

Susan said...

I really loved the whole gift, and yes, the button detail is such a sweet touch. Thanks. X

Anonymous said...

oh how gorgeous what a lovely present

creations.1 said...

Your gifts for Susan are just beautiful - she is a lucky girl indeed!!

Christine M said...

You have put together a lovely parcel for Susan. The bag is gorgeous.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Awesome gifts Jo...I bet Susan loves them!

Lynda said...

Such a lovely birthday present.

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous bag. love those colours. Please don't mention the 'C' word. I have a Christmas elf to make and two wall hanging advent calendars. Ordered last year and it seemed such a long way away when I said yes. Hugs Mrs a.

Chookyblue...... said...

a gorgeous parcel for Susan.........

Noela said...

Lovely birthday gifts for Susan. Hugs.......

Tatkis said...

Wonderful bag and presents for Susan!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

How sweet! I still adore my stitching bag you made me. I carry it everywhere and always get the most complements. It's so fun to say, "Oh, my friend in Australia made it for me." :) :) :)

Sue said...

Lovely, the bag we swapped is hanging in my lounge!

Lib said...

Fantastic idea, Jo, especially as Tassie is going plastic bag free in November.