Monday 1 October 2012

More altering swapping

This months ATC letter was B and I made this for Marilyn @ The Tarnished Rose
B for Balloon!

Marilyn sent me B for Bird
plus all these wonderful extra goodies
Thank-you Marilyn for being a terrific swap partner! I'll get hours of fun creating with these goodies!

Now to spooky matters, Tee @ The Altered Paper also hosted an Denim Pocket Halloween Swap and I was lucky to have Tee's mum Frannie (No Blog Yet) as my partner, I sent Frannie all of these goodies
My altered pocket filled to the brim with ribbons, stickers, buttons, fabric, skeleton plus..

an altered tag...
and a handmade black cat (these are so quick to whip up!)

Frannie did the most amazing job altering a pocket for me, I love all the halloween diecuts 
Front 
 and back
and inside was filled with awesome goodies
 plus a vial of walnut crystals, perfect for staining ribbons, lace and just about everything!
and a spooky skeleton!
Thank-you Frannie, I feel very lucky to have you for my partner in this swap!

No stitching has been occurring around here lately as Uni and work have been swamping me. I've got 4 assignments left to do and only one two-day workshop to attend and then Uni will be over. I drove home Saturday night from the last two-day workshop and it was snowing at Spring Hill, it was almost a blizzard and in my little car it was a bit scary, so I took it slowly and even pulled over a couple of times. The flakes were nearly 2" in diameter, the biggest I've ever seen.

So to all my stitching friends I will be back stitching by Christmas and hopefully there'll be some of my own designs being released in the new year.





8 comments:

Sue said...

Nice tags Jo, and lovely goodies. Glad you were safe in the snow, we have snow forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday, crickey only seems a few weeks ago since it was snowing here...

Tarnished Rose said...

It was wonderful having you as a swap partner! I thoroughly enjoyed the ATC and goodies you sent me. Hopefully, I'll soon be able to post it to my blog (I'm extremely far behind on my blogging).

LOVE your altered pocket and the one you received. Those are so awesome.

Ahhh snow. Usually, just a dream here in south Louisiana USA (where cold is 50 degrees), but I have seen it put in an appearance on occasion.

Smiles~
Marilyn

Roseanne said...

nice work on the tags. I like both of them.

Anonymous said...

what great work both sent and received Jo,well done.Hang in there Jo nearly finished,there is light at the end of the tunnel.So looking forward to your designs next year.xx

Vicki said...

Glad to hear you got home safely, Jo. It was snowing when we came down a month ago - photo on FB!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A spooky post Jo...just gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing some of your designs...and glad you got back home safely!

Lisa said...

wow they are look fab love the pockets and your black cat.
i used to make Atc ONCE upon a time...i remember we had to make one each for each member one day we had to make 20 after that i havent made one since haha
xo

Tee said...

These letter atc swaps are proving to be so much fun to do! The creativity has been endless!
Thank you from mom & I for the fun altered pocket swap! Your work on that package- pocket & little black cat was great! Thank you for a very good swapping experience! This is what a good swap is all about! Happy Creating & Swapping! Hugs,Tee