Monday 21 February 2011

What a great stitching week I've had!

It's been a busy week at my place, lots of stitching to show and with hubby away for a weekend I squeezed in as much stitching as I could. Plus it was my rostered day-off today so what else can I do but stitch but it's where I stitched that made it most enjoyable.

So to start with I finished two more Gardener's Journal blocks, only two more to go.
Block E
and Block F.
I'll be having another big week of stitching at nights to finish the remaining two blocks and putting the top together so I can join in the Tis the Season Stitch-a-long on time.

Next I started and came very close to finishing the Bunny Love cushion that Shell sent me, look Shell I nearly finished it!
one more vine to go and then lots of beads to sew on.

And where was I stitching today, where else but Toby's, oh I mean his mumma's place, Fee's!
Isn't he the sweetest little dog, such a cutie.

Better sit down for this Stina I finally finished your bear! it's only taken me 12 months, actually longer, she's going to be headed your way this week. She's a little bit of sunshine from the South Pole going to the North Pole to brighten a cold chilly day

Thank-you for all the lovely messages regarding my Aunty's passing, they're greatly appreciated.

12 comments:

Fee said...

Yep he sure is a cutie and his mumma loves him :) It was a lovely day Jo 0 Thanks so much for sharing it with me :) Hugs - Fee X

Chookyblue...... said...

you have been busy this week........I'm sure you will get the next 2 blocks finished this week.......go for it........

Isabella said...

Gosh you did have fun didnt you hope you have more fun in the evenings this week

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Stitching, hanging out with Fee and Toby, and getting all that accomplished...fabulous!! What a great week!!
Wish I could have been there with you!
xx, shell

Unknown said...

It's Amazing how much stitching gets done when DH goes away...
You've done well...& how cute is Toby!
cheers

Susan In Texas said...

Your stitching looks terrific. You were really "quick like a bunny" on that cushion. har har har. 8) Toby is adorable. He reminds me of my Mom's dog, Lucy. She's a little Shitzhu - I don't think I'm spelling that just right!

Anyway, everything looks wonderful. You're going to have that Gardener's Journal quilt done before you know it. 8)

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Hi Jo,
poppped on over for a catch up, my you have been busy, and so has your postie. How nice to be catching up with Fi and her cute little pooch.Kepp on stitching~

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh Jo.... Welcome little Miss Sunshine...;0)
The little peek of her is just gorgeous!
Have a safe journey... Hope she won't catch a cold... Phew... It's really really cold here.
What a weekend you have had Jo....Wish mine could have been like that!
Hugs to you for Little Miss Sunshine... :0)

boysmum2 said...

The garden blocks look lovely

Elyte said...

Sounds like you are on a mission. The blocks are looking lovely.
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Wow... that is a creative week Jo. Well done and I bet it was relaxing too. Nothing nicer than crafting with a friend.
All gorgeous projects too and how cute is Toby!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy Jo,,,so very sorry to read about your Auntie Brenda...my thoughts are with you..