Friday 30 July 2010

Another year older

Another year of my life has flown by, there's been a few changes a new position at work, my son started High School, my husband changed jobs. All of these things have aged me a little more than I needed, I have a few more grey hairs to show for it. All in all it's been a good year though. My life has been blessed by lots of beautiful friends, I cherish every single one.

I received some lovely pressies, Fee spoilt me with a beautiful package of heart and flower yo-yo makers, a sweet handmade butterly fob and scissors, writing set, cutest little BiBi all wrapped in pretty fabric.
Sarah left a package at my front door, a lovely surprise to come home to. Inside was this book, full of lots of wonderful projects to make.
Thank-you Fee and Sarah, you made my day!

I've also received some beautiful fabrics in a FQ Birthday swap but I'll wait until they're all in before I post a pic. Thank-you to Jeni, Jan and Kate!! (PS I hope you're enjoying Paris Jan!!)

Also in the mail this week was this cutie who I just had to have in my dolly family
she's by Cath, isn't she just the sweetest.

I'm currently stitching away on a secret squrrel project so all other stitching is on hold apart from a swap that I have to squeeze in but I'm almost finished those things. Gardener's Journal is on hold but I'm still keeping an eye on the stitch-a-long and how much work I'm going to have to do to catch up!
Keep up the good work Stitchers!

27 comments:

Elyte said...

Happy birthday Jo. Life is never dull is it?

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Happy birthday Jo.
You may be a year older but think of it this way - that's another year of sewing you've enjoyed!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Jo. Here's to another fun year.
Hugs Dawn x x

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Jo, such lovely goodies you have been given, how wonderful

Chookyblue...... said...

happy birthday.........

RG said...

Oh goodness, another year gone by so quickly!!??!! :O
Happy happy birthday JO!!!! :-)
I hope it's wonderful just like you. I've missed our chats this year, but life has been a little busier at my end too.

Have a fantastic day and enjoy your beautiful loot!!
Have fun birthday girl :-)
(((huge hugs)))

Robyn xxx

Karen said...

May the next year be full of so much more fun stuff and a little less stressful.
All the very merries for a joy filled day. Happy birthday Jo.

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Jo, hope it's a great one for you...
Lizzie
xxx

Janice said...

And another year wiser! Have a great birthday.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Happy Birthday Jo! Lovely Gifts
Lisa ʚϊɞ

Roseanne said...

Happy birthdAY Jo you gifts are lovely.

ChitterChatterDesigns said...

Happy Birthday Jo!! Big warm hugs sent your way from our hot summer here in Utah. I really enjoy your blog and emails, you are so thoughtful and sweet. Wishing you a wonderful year to come -Cori

BubzRugz said...

Happy Birthday Jo - you have received some lovely gifts.

Each stage of our lives brings new experiences, joys and challenges.... I hope this next year brings you lots of the best ones...

Hugz

Fiona

Jenny of Elefantz said...

~HaPpY bIrThDaY~ Jo!!!! May your next year be an bountiful basket of joy, laughter, blessings, and friends!!
A little birdie told me you encouraged her to break her 'no sugar' diet to celebrate with you......;-)

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Jo

Vicki ♥ said...

Happy Birthday Jo and may you have many many more :)

Black Eyed Susie said...

Happy birthday! This is my first time to your blog so I timed it well! Lovely pressie. I so want that mini quilt book.

DAWNIE said...

Hi Jo sounds like you have been spoilt for your birthday.

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Jo!

You got great stuff! You must have lovely friends :)

I don't think it is stress that adds the grey hair, you're just lucky I guess! (If it is stress I am the most stressed person I know lol!)

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Jo .... what gawjus gifties you've received!!! Really do love your dolly from Cath ... doesn't she do the most adorable little faces :o)!!??!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Locket Pocket said...

Happy Birthday!!! Lucy xx

Stina Blomgren said...

Happy Belated Birthday from me... GRATTIS PÅ FÖDELSEDAGEN..... :o))
Seems like you were treated like a queen on your birthday and it makes me happy... :o)) HUGS!!

manda said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!!! Your pressies look fab, I am jealous! Lucky thing you! Hugs!!

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Birthday Jo. You are only as old as you feel!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday for Yesterday Jo..Lovely Goodies you got there..Hope it was a Good Day for You.
cheers

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Jo... So glad you had a lovely birthday and you received some awesome goodies. xx

julia said...

For she is a jolly good fe-he-llow, for she's a jolly...
ah, well, you don't want me to sing, even if it's only written ;o).
Jo, I hope you've had the most wonderful birthday ever!
The pressies you've got are great - maybe you want to give a little review of the 'mini quilt' book, I'd love to hear some details.
Big, big birthday hugs,
Julia