Tuesday 7 September 2010

As You Like It and more!

 I took part in Trashcan's "As You Like It Swap" and look at this amazing package I received from Jennyflower
I gave Jenny a few themes to choose from like
Black and White
Birds of a Feather
Sweet and Sour
and she pretty much covered the lot

There's fabric, buttons, stickers, pen, pencil, cards, necklace, sweets or should I say sours and the most gorgeous scarf with crocheted flower.
I've worn the scarf already and it so warm.
Thank-you so much Jenny, it's a very generous swap parcel and I feel extremely spoilt.
Thank-you to Trashy for hosting the swap and hopefully my swap pressie to Clara lands on her doorstep anytime now!

I'm on the dowhill run of the secret squirrel project, I'll definitely be taking a hand stitching break when it's finished as I think I'm developing RSI so it'll be back to the machine for awhile to let it recover. I don't want to end up like my friend Fee and having an operation!

Talking about Fee, we had a marvellous day yesterday trekking around op shops and tip shop and we found a few goodies
I was mostly after embellishments so I was happy with these finds and a couple of rings for a bag.
I also picked up a wonderful chenille bedspread that I might chop into one day, I forgot to take a photo of it but it was a bargain. Fee also picked up some treasures, she has a great eye!

We had a great counter lunch at the Cascade Hotel and also visited a few other shops where I puchased a  beautiful scarf and some ribbons. It was a big day for both of us but it was so much fun! Thanks Fee for being the chaffeur and taking me to places I never even knew existed.

9 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

That scarf is gorgeous. It reminds me a bit of an abstract lion's head. I love it!

Happy machine stitching,
Susan in Texas

Sarah said...

Lucky you Jo!
It is so nice having a girly day! Glad you both had fun
x sarah

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Swaps are so much fun and it looks like you received some lovely things Jo.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Fee said...

You are most welcome - It was a lovely day with lovely company. I enjoyed it very much. Hugs - Fee XX

jennyflowerblue said...

Glad you like your parcel, looks like you've been doing some good treasure hunting too! xxx

trash said...

Delighted you enjoyed yourself and Wow! What a haul. Loving how Jenny covered ALL your themes.

Elyte said...

Lucky you, swap gift surprises and a day out. I suspect you need a break from that secret project. The end must be so close now.

Jossie said...

You have been spoilt by Jenny. Lovely presents. The scarf is really special.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Very nice goodies. Nice to go shopping and a day out with a friend. Very relaxing. Wish I was over there