Wednesday 14 September 2011

Wish I could show you some stitching....

...but I can't. Stitching hasn't been attractive to my mojo lately so I have been dabbling a little in other creative areas.
I purchased a download by Cloth Paper Scissors and tried my hand at a little bit of watercolouring.
...a pear

....a camelia (don't laugh, it is okay!!)

I also went to an embroidery exhibition recently, hoping to find my stitching mojo but all I got was some vintage lace and a sweet strawberry!

and you can tell when my stitching mojo has well and truly hit rock bottom because I actually do a liitle baking

yummy chocolate chip cookies and they tasted the best when they were still warm! They didn't last very long.

I made it to my stitching room last night and auditioned a few fabrics for a swap, tonight I might do some cutting out so this weekend I can put it altogether.
Hope everyone's stitching mojo is on it's way back and if you see mine please send it home!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the paintings, I got my paints out also but only to paint a doll's face not sure if I will go to the lengths to cook biscuits...leave that to the daughter

Anonymous said...

Great work with the watercolours. The extent of my painting efforts stops at my nails. Baking and eating is as comforting as stitching.

Vicki ♥ said...

Its nice to dabble in different things from time to time Jo and no doubt your sewing mojo will return after it gets jealous of your terrific paintings...they are lovely :) Try painting on fabric...its such fun :) Hugs Vicki x

Elyte said...

Looks like you are having a bit of fun while waiting for that mojo. It's probably not that far away.

Leanne said...

Hi Jo
Your paintings are really lovely, well done.
I'm sure your stitching mojo will return. Maybe you just needed a little break,

Chookyblue...... said...

biscuits look great......your mojo will return..........

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I'm glad you are still being creative Jo... even though the sewing mojo is having a holiday.
Love your watercolours by the way.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

love your paintings Jo you are so clever

Unknown said...

Great Job on the Watercolours they look Really Pretty...
I Hope the Warmer Weather will Entise you to your Sewing Cave I'm sure your Mojo is in their Hiding..
cheers

Karen said...

Now I'm sure that someone said not that long ago that she couldn't paint. Looks to me like you know your way around a palette and brush.
I did a little pen, paint and paper stuff when my mo went on holiday too. Not brave enough to show the world though.
Which issue did you download. I got a heap of them but haven't looked at most yet.
Keep on playing, you never know when inspiration will strike.

Mrs A. said...

Like your water colours especially the Camelia. hope you find your mojo soon. hugs Mrs A.

Kris said...

Hope the swaps do the trick for your mojo! (That works for me sometimes!) Anyway, the paintings are great and full of mojo! (I know, because I have been promising myself that I will get to painting any minute now!)

Margaret said...

Blame it on the weather JO. Cooking is so good for the lift especially chocolate chip cookies warm or cold.

Photo on canvas said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You even paint so beautifully! How fun! I binged on chocolate chip cookies the other night. Naughty! hee,hee,hee.
xx, shell

RG said...

Ooh I love what you're doing!
It's fun to dabble and experiment in other areas isn't it? Enjoy xx