Tuesday 24 August 2010

Relay For Life

One of my lifelong friends battled and fought the fight against cancer, she's a survivor and one of my hero's.
This was the first quilt I made and I gave it to her so she could always have angels looking after her.
This year her family are taking part in the Relay For Life. I wished I lived closer so I could walk those steps with them in celebration of what she has achieved and to support so many others that are going through the same thing. My ultimate wish is for a cure to be found to treat all types of cancers, money raised from this event will go towards that much needed research.


If you'd like to donate please click here.

P.S. I love you Row my gorgeous friend xxx

5 comments:

boysmum2 said...

Beautiful quilt, I would love to walk on the relay one year, it is on my list of things to do

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

That is a beautiful quilt Jo.
Relay for Life is such a great way to raise funds for a very worthy cause. We participated this year... every bit helps.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Fee said...

That is just so lovely Jo and so typically You - Gorgeous girl X Those of us that call you our friend are so very lucky :)
I too wish for a cure for cancer.

manda said...

Oh wow Jo, the quilt is gorgeous! I'm so glad your friend fought the battle and won! She'll do great in the relay! You know my favourite flowers are daffadils!
Hugs!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

A beautiful quilt and a loving friend you are!
xx, shell and sugie bunny