Sunday 29 November 2009

Survivor

I'm back from an exhausting 3 days of camping with my son's Grade 6 class. It was full on, lots of activities, preparing food, cleaning up and having fun.

We headed off on Wednesday to one of Tassal's salmon farms just south of Dover. Here we learnt about the life cycle of salmon, their biology and how the farm operates.
Cockle Creek was our next destination, we arrived and set up camp. There was about 10 tents for the 27 kids that they put up themselves and then they helped some of the adults put up theirs.

We played on the beach for awhile then headed back to camp for dinner and marshmallows before lights out.
Up bright and early Thursday to prepare breaky and lunch for the day's hike. We walked for 2 hours to South Cape, through different landscapes to arrive at a breathtaking view.

and here's proof that I was actually there

When we returned from our hike we relaxed for 1 hour and then headed off for a bit of fossicking.
We found agates and petrified wood.
An exhausted bunch of kids and adults slept well that night as the rain came in. Friday morning we packed up in the rain and headed off the Hastings Caves.

The kids sang the school song in the Newdegate Cave and it sounded lovely.
Afterwards we headed to the Thermal springs and the kids had a swim and the grown ups had hot showers. We finished up with a BBQ before heading back home.
I've been extremely tired and a bit sore from the walk but I enjoyed every minute.
I am glad to be home in my own bed!

16 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Wow Jo Looks like a great place. Now back to work for a rest. Good to see you survived.

Simone de Klerk said...

Looks like you had a great time! What wonderful pictures!

Sarah said...

I had wondered how you went. Though tiring - you appreciate home so much more!

Amanda said...

I always found school trips absolutely exhausting, I was like a meerkat, up on tip toe, neck craned, continually counting and checking! Glad you all got back safely.

Teresa said...

Love the photos Jo, it looks so beautiful. Glad you survived xx

Wendyb said...

Looks like so much fun....I love school camps. I wonder what it would cost to take 50 year sixes from North Queensland to your neck of the woods????? I think I could handle a few days there!!! LOL
I can definitely understand the 'being in your own bed' bit....fun to be away but..... nothing like home!
sugary hugs :O)

Melinda said...

You make me tired with all your activities!

Leanne said...

What a great way to see parts of Tassie Jo, glad you had a good time.

kathyros said...

It looks as though you allhad a great time and so pretty where you went. But East West Homes Best!!

kathyros said...

It looks such a pretty place too, I bet it was great to beback in your own bed, well done!

Unknown said...

school camps are so much fun! Looks a really wonderful place. Love the photos

Unknown said...

I'll bet you were tired ! What a great memory for your son .

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful place! Glad you had fun and you survived!!

jeanette h said...

well done jo they are memories both of you will keep for ever

RG said...

Sounds like a really wonderful time Jo... adn I bet you did enjoy your bed when you got home...lol
Thanks for sharing!

Leanne said...

I''m not sure about you being there Jo. Photoshop is a very clever thing LOL.