Tuesday 13 January 2009

WISPs vs UFOs

I know Kris and May call these things WISPs but I'm sad to say these projects haven't been worked on for at least 3 years and it's only a few of them, there's more in my storage box.
I stopped them for various reasons ranging from boredom, too big a task, not how I thought it would look and well any excuse really.

Shown here is a quilt top, an embroidery, a table runner, a wall hanging plus part 1 of a Chookshed BOM that I have the complete kit for.

Maybe the One Project a Month Challenge might actually get me motivated to get in and finish a few of these.

I've also got other projects not yet started all ready and waiting but these will all have to wait because Stina's changed the Angels Story deadline to the 15th April and well it's do-able, I'm going to finish it once and for all. Mind you I've got to finish 3 PIF's too. So no swaps from me for awhile, there's way to much to do!!

18 comments:

Amanda said...

But they all look so pretty Jo, well worth finishing - and think how noble you'll feel once you've cleared some of them and made some space!

Unknown said...

When does a WISP become an UFO? OK, 3 years, that are UFOs, but nice ones. I hope I will see them finished.
Happy Stitching!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That's not so bad...I recently finished a 20 year old quilt!!!

Roseanne said...

You go girl.That the way get all the old project finished. lol

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I'm with you. I need to finish lots of UFO's so one a month will be good. I might have them finish by christmas. Here's hoping

Julie said...

Like you, I've decided not to join any new swaps/challenges and seriously attack my PhD's. Projects half done.

Jossie said...

Hmm, does this sound familiar! I always get bored when working long on project and put it away to start something fresh.

Sarah said...

Oh this is good - once you do these all I should be ready to get started on quilters journal quilt with you!

rachelmp said...

Good luck Jo! I took a year off buying anything new in 2005 and tried to finished off everything I wanted too. It felt great! Good luck with all those projects

May Kristin said...

You go girl!
Wish you luck with your WISP's and UFO's.
Look forward to see them done!

Unknown said...

I think a lot of us are trying to catch up before commiting to too many swaps . You'll get there . Look forward to seeing some finished .
Clares Craftroom

SewAmy said...

ok, I might sound crazy but what is WISP? I know the UFO one.

sewkalico said...

Love those sheep! You do so many lovely things - it would be a pity not to finsih them if you could muster the motivation to do so!!

sewkalico said...

Not sure if my last comment went through... Just wanted to say: if you can face finishing them, I'm sure they'll be fab (especially the sheep! We are partial to sheep here in yorkshire LOL)

Sandi said...

Oh, I think everyone has a couple (at least) of ufo's to finish off 'one day'. The 'One project a month challenge' sounds like a good way to get those projects done. I too, haven't signed up for swaps (although I have downloaded some patterns for 'one day' :)

Marita said...

Good luck with the pile, I just hide mine now so I don't feel too guilty! Be great to see your progress.

Jodie said...

Oh I love the look of the mushies...
Goodluck !!! One a month means you'll have 12 finished by Christmas - what about all the others???

Leanne said...

There is a lot of pressure there.