Friday 10 October 2014

Boobie Awareness



...and this month I have discovered I too have become one of those affected. It's not all bad news though I have caught it really early and is treatable. I will face surgery soon.
I can only praise what a great service BreastScreen Tasmania provide, it was picked up during my recent routine mammogram, I can't even feel it, so I am very lucky.
The staff at BreastScreen say only 58% of women use this service, it should be alot more, it's free and can save your life. So don't be scared ladies, for a couple of minutes being uncomfortable it may save your life too.
As for me I am coping with the diagnosis well, yes I shed a few tears but they were mostly out of relief knowing it's treatable. I have a great supportive team of family and friends I can lean on and to keep me positive,
So ladies know your boobies and if you notice any changes get them checked out and if you're eligible for a free screening go and do it!

12 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Jo, sorry to hear your news, my friend has just gone through this, sucks. Glad it was found early,
Good Luck...XXX

Christine M said...

I'm so glad you have caught it early, Jo. I was amazed to read that only 58% of women get a mammogram. I had my first one this year and although it was a little uncomfortable, it was worth the discomfor to get checked. Good luck in your treatment. Sending you hugs, Christine

Susan said...

So glad you found out early, and good to spread the word about the services available. Wishing you a speedy and positive recovery, take care. X

Lib said...

Such horrible news, Jo but sounds like you have caught it early. Take care.

Jan said...

SO sorry you are going through this, Jo, and I wish you all the best for the surgery and a speedy recovery. I have an appointment for a mammogram on Monday - aren't we lucky to have such a good service available. xx

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck Jo......all the best for what ever treatment plan you take.......

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh and forgot sending you big hugs..........

kristelleke said...

That is exactly the reason why we do screenings, to catch it in early stages... Chances are high that surgery will be your only treatment. I wish you all the best for your surgery and recovery. Warm regards from Kristel from Belgium.

tpott said...

9 years ago this month I found out I had cancer. I'm happy to say that was 9 yrs ago and I'm doing fine. You've caught it early, that's a wonderful thing. Don't forget to rest often. I'm sending prayers and lots of hugs your way. ;->

Sarah said...

Oh Jo! That's terrible news, but I am SO happy they have found it early.
You look after yourself.
Hugs
Sarah xx

Elyte said...

Wishing you a quick and full recovery. Take care.

Locket Pocket said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, but very relieved you caught it so early! Sending my very best wishes xxx