Wednesday 15 December 2010

This 'n That

Fee and I had our xmas lunch yesterday at a local hotel, can't go past Chicken parmy, chips and salad. It was scrumptious, especially with a Cascade Blonde great thirst quencher on a hot day. We exchanged gifts, Fee really spoilt me with a beautiful handmade pouch and needlecase
and two books I've been wanting to buy
now I can definitely part in Chookyblue's Stitch-a-long for 2011
but I do need to finish the Gardner's Journal top first.
Awhile ago I won a giveaway on "It's and Alien Life's blog" and in the mail arrived Punkin, she's so cute and is now feeling right at home amongst some of my other raggy dolls (She's the one in the middle!)
Thank-you ValeryAnne!
Arriving this week was a Xmas package from one of the Club Quilt Narromine ladies, Carol.
This swap was arranged by Maree from On My Verandah
I was only allowed to open one gift and I must say I was blown away, Carol's stitching is so beautiful!
I feel so spoilt!! Thank-you Carol, I can't wait to unwrap the rest on Xmas Day!
My parcel was also recieved by Gai, also one of the Club Quilt Narromine Girls.

I haven't done a great deal of stitching the last few weeks, work has been happening around the home which has disrupted life a little.
Thank-you to my darling husband for the endless hours you have put in to getting the room ready for the installation of our brand new kitchen!
After Xmas we'll arrange the splashbacks and tiling but in the meantime we have hallway walls to paint and more cement sheeting to nail down. Oh and blinds to hang back up on the window and a corner to be fitted around the top of the cupboards.
That's our christmas present this year and I'm enjoying cooking in my new kitchen.
Have a lovely day everybody!

18 comments:

Ange Moore said...

Wow Jo - the kitchen looks fabulous! So bright and clean compared to the wood you had before. Hope that cake cooking on the weekend is a success!

manda said...

Ahh, cooking in a new kitchen is wonderful, isn't it? Are you thinking about putting some feature tiles into the splash-back etc? We have gum leaves and gum flowers in ours!
Fee has done beautiful work in the pouch and needle case, just beautiful!
The stitching from Carol is wonderful too!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely gift from Fee...I have just used that same little stitchery, ....Carol does do the most amazing work, I am sure you will be thrilled with all the other goodies you have there....and no doubt Gail will be thrilled with her goodies from you...

Melinda said...

Ah, blessed are those with a handyman husband.

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jo,
Looks like Punkin has made good friends with one of 'Caths' dolls.
We have had our kitchen gutted too and all floor to ceiling units on one wall and no wall cupboards else where It's suprising how much spacious and light the room now looks.We chose yellow to go with the white units and black/brown worktop.

Fee said...

Wow the kitchen looks great !! Happy Christmas bestie :)

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Always nice to have a new kitchen and yours is lovely Jo. Enjoy!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Christine M said...

Carol's stitching is beautiful. I was lucky enough to have her for my FRIENDS swap partner.

Unknown said...

Lovely Pressie from Fee...Gorgeous Kitchen love all that storage space..can never have enough I say...Glad you have Enjoyed the Xmas Swap...
cheers

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely gifts and those Narromine ladies are wonderful.......

Isabella said...

Your gifts look just great Jo and that kitchen is a dream enjoy it you deserve it, looking forward to a coffee from the new kitchen :)

Sherri said...

You received some really nice gifts so far!! Good luck with your new kitchen!

Aunty said...

The new kitchen looks great. I love all your presents, you are very lucky.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Love your new kitchen Jo!
You have also received some great gifts and loved what you also made for Fee too!
Lisa

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Jo, your gifties are so gorgeous! And girl, what a talented hand YOU have - your gifts to Fee are just gawjus!!
Enjoy the cooking, and the new kitchen - yay!!!!
Hugs
Jenny
xx

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Well boy oh boy you sure have received lots of fabulous gifties! I looooooove your kitchen!
xx, shell

Cathy said...

Wow what a transformation...I love it, so fresh and light...enjoy cooking in it!!

TMQG said...

havent popped in for so long. wow the kitchen sure is different... fee has put me to shame I must say.... with her hand made gifts!!! catch up soon, before we go away. H