Sunday 30 August 2015

What a Week!

My dear Mum had a massive heart attack on Tuesday, she had 3 blockages, one which was fixed by a stent and the other two far too calcified so they were bored to allow blood flow. In the early hours of Wednesday morning one of her arteries leaked and caused blood to surround the heart and stop it from pumping. The doctors revived her and managed to drain the blood away. She was then put on a care flight from Launceston to Hobart. She spent the next 24 hours in ICU, intubated and sedated. Thursday they removed the tubes and yesterday she was moved to the Cardiology Department where she now waits for Triple By-pass Surgery. She's very tired but she has colour back in her cheeks.
This is my mum, Lundy.


I have to mention she was ironing at the time the attack occurred, I always knew ironing was hazardous for your health!
The surgery is planned for Monday week, she's a tough cookie so I'm positive she'll come out of it even stronger. 
My brother has flown down from Queensland and is staying with us, my sister and Mum's partner stayed here too but my sister has returned to Launceston and will come down for visits and Mum's partner has chosen to have his own space at moved to a hotel.

This week also saw my Dear friend Fee's son Josh undergo surgery yesterday. Josh had a leg amputated a cople of years ago and unfortunately his good leg has suffered the same fate. Josh has a young  family and could do with as much financial help as possible so Fee has established a "Go Fund Me" page which you can find here if you can help, even if it's only a little.

And also this week my Dear friend Helen's family's pooch, Bentley, underwent surgery too. Hopefully the surgery will ensure a pain free life for the beloved ball of fluff!

So it's been an exhausting week all round but I can't help but be positive. They're all in good hands and I'm sure my Mum has an angel watching over her.

13 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG Jo........I do wish your Mum all the best.......she is one tough cookie........and I will now refrain from ironing.very hazardous........lol.....hugs..........

Maria said...

Sending lots of healing hugs to your Mum.. My hubby had five blockages last year and under went a triple bypass. He is well now and we are travelling around Aussie at present.

Jan said...

I hope that angel continues to watch over your Mum, Jo. Fingers crossed for her recovery. And no more ironing!

Helen said...

Stay positive Jo..... your Mum is in good hands I'm sure but it is very stressful for you and your family.

Take care.

Leanne said...

Oh gosh Jo, what a week is right. Wishing your lovely mum a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,I am sorry to hear that your mum hasn't been week,I hope everything goes well for her now sending you both big hugs xx

KERYN B said...

Hope you mum continues to improve and stays well. Tell her she is banned from ironing for life.

Susan said...

Best wishes for your mums surgery. What a week.....

barbara woods said...

Hugs and prayers for you and your mum

Christine M said...

Sending your Mum get well wishes, Jo.

Sue said...

Hoping all goes well Jo, will be thinking of you x

Oliva Ohlson said...

Hope your Mum is doing well! Thinking of you and your Mum...praying...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh dear Jo I hope your Mum is well and truly on the way to a speedy recovery.