Tuesday 11 November 2014

The aftermath

Well I recovered nicely from surgery, was a bit sore but only really needed panadol for the ache.
My pathology results indicate it was a Grade 2, 11mm invasive ductile carcinoma, my lymph node was relatively clear however I am HER2 positive. HER2 positive is the issue here, it means I have high levels of protein in my cells which means there's a higher likelihood of it coming back. The treatment involves 3 months chemo, 12 months of Herceptin and radiation. Bugger!  The results also showed some of the cancer cells were on the outer side of the margin so back to surgery next Thursday to take a bit more out. Bugger! 
I have to miss a trip with Helen to Melbourne for Quilt Market, Double Bugger! But you bet I will be there next year!

18 comments:

Helen said...

That's a shame to have to go back for more surgery Jo......stay positive, my thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo ,sorry to hear you havent been well,i pray you come through this with flying colours,take care Jo.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Bugger ..,,,you keep safe and take care big hug x

creations.1 said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jo - take special care of yourself and try to stay positive and strong!

Vickie said...

Bugger is an apt word but great they are on to it, and you just keep that positivity flowing ..if you need a bigger bell let me know I'm, sure I can find one :), cheers Vickie

barbara woods said...

praying for you , hugs

Susan said...

Hang in there Jo. Hope some stitching eases your mind. X

Christine M said...

What a pity. Take care of yourself and I hope this lot of surgery gets it all. Sending you hugs, Christine

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh dear Jo....Stay positive gal! Glad you aren't in too much pain. Thinking of you and sending Big Hugs!

Jan said...

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER!!! Not the news you would have hoped for but having a treatment plan and knowing you are in good hands must be some comfort. Sending you a ton of good wishes and a big hug, Jo (being careful to avoid any ouchy bits.)

Lynda said...

Bugger and double bugger alright. Sending you lots of love and best wishes for tomorrow.

Chickadee Sue said...

Thinking of you xxx

Leanne said...

Oh Jo that is bad news. Sending you hugs, strength and courage for the coming months.

Stina... said...

No.... Bugger!!! but on the other hand...happy they found out all this and now do something about it...big hugs!!! Will have you in my thoughts!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

sending hugs...........

Lorraine said...

Hope the second round of surgery went well Jo...thinking of you. Stay positive -xx bugger about not going to market with Helen but like you said...you will be there next year! xx

De said...

Double Bugger! Hang in there! Positive thoughts for you from up here xoxo

jodie said...

Bugger Jo, I'll be sending a big hug home for you via Helen !