Saturday 13 April 2013

I have been AWOL

Hi everyone! Have you missed me? My little family, including my pooch caught The Spirit of Tas to the mainland for a three week camping/fossicking adventure. We spent 5 days at Murray Bridge, South Australia and attended the Gemboree, an annual gem and mineral show. We then headed north to places like Burra and Olary and then headed east into Broken Hill, New South Wales before heading to Victoria via Echuca. We even spent a couple of fantastic nights with Kez and her gorgeous family where Brett helped out on the dairy. The last stop was at South Gippsland at the Mother and Sister-in-law on their small farm.
I did a little stitching but not as much as I had planned.
Life's also about to change again as my hubby is going back to the mining industry which means I get uninterrupted nights of stitching and TV so I should get some finishes under my belt.

Olary pub
Echinoid fossils found at Mannum, South Australia
Me on the big seat, Broken Hill

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Jo
Looks like you had fun, how did you get on that big seat?
Looking forward to your finishes...
Sue

Stina Blomgren said...

Yepp...you have been missed but I have seen your face on other blog...;0))) looks like you have had a wonderful trip!!
Kviltstina at gmail dot com

Lib said...

Sounds like a great holiday, Jo. Love the photo of you on the seat :-)

Susan said...

Great adventure. Love the big seat.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice that you got to spend some time with Kerri.....

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a great adventure!

Jan said...

So nice to share your travel pics and experiences, Jo. Enjoy those quiet nights of stitching - hope Brett enjoys his new job too.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Such a great surprise to see you. Had a wonderful time with you here. Wish it could have been longer. You will have to come back again soon.

Cathy said...

I have missed you, good to have you back!!! That seat is hilarious, love it!!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Sounds like a fun time! You look so cute on the big seat. :)

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow, what an interesting holiday.

DAWNIE said...

That seat is massive. Holidays are just the best

Annie said...

I must have missed that big seat when I was in Broken Hill!

Wendyb said...

would have been such fun....especially visiting Kez!!!! I too am wondering how on earth you got up on that big seat!!! I can imagine the 'leg up' LOL
xox sugary hugs
Wendy :O)